A quick update: A trip to my local fabric store showed that they finally got more of the cushion fabric in.
And at $4.99/yd, it’s a little cheaper than when I originally bought it several months ago. I couldn’t find the master measurement sheet I made for all of the cushions and curtains, but I took quick measurements of the remaining cushions, and figured 3 yards should cover them.
Cutting and sewing will begin sometime tomorrow, since I have little to do but go to the gym, get a haircut, and clean up the house. I should have them done by Friday (I hope). Matt’s out of town tomorrow and Friday for a regular work trip, which means I get my ritual sushi night, but also that I’ll have fewer distractions.
In further planning for the weekend, we may have to scratch anything to do with fixing the boat. We checked on the trailer today, and there’s still a good deal of snow around it, and it’s frozen into the ground. We’ll hope for a good thaw. However, Matt spoke to his buddy, the one we ice fished with, about scouting for turkey and doing some shed hunting. Besides the public land we hunted for deer, we have an eye on at least two more spots within an hour of home.
Today also marked the demise of Meat Box. A few pieces of venison managed to get left in it when we set it outside during clean up. It was subsequently ignored until I re-discovered it today. No amount of sanitizing was going to make it OK again, so, next season we’ll either process the venison right away, or devise a new thawing method.